Anita Nugent MS, RD, LD, CDCES
Anita has been in private practice for nine years. She has helped thousands of people navigate their plan for long term lifestyle changes. Working with them from the very beginning on a plan for their life long success.
3. How is it prepared.
This helps to let people see that there are many different options and that food choices are abundant. This leads people to make choices on their terms, eating the foods they enjoy, while on their journey for healthier eating.
Anita is a registered dietitian (RD), licensed dietitian (LD) in the State of Maine and a Certified Diabetes Care and Education Specialist (CDCES).
- Bachelor of Science from Plattsburgh State University in Foods and Nutrition
- Dietetic Internship Indiana University
- Master’s of Science in clinical exercise physiology from Northeastern University
- Completed the requirement for a exercise specialist from the American College of sports medicine
Previous work experience includes 15 years at Martins Point Healthcare in Brunswick, ME. During her time there, Anita provided one-on-one nutrition counseling, nutrition education, and cooking and “learn to cook” classes. She developed nutrition programs for adults and children, user friendly education handouts and coordinated their accredited diabetes program. Additional experience includes acting director of Wellness at Parkview Adventist Medical Center. Exercise Physiologist and Facilitator of a heart healthy eating program at Inova Fairfax Heart Center. Clinical Nutrition Manager for the Marriott Corporation, Southhampton Hospital running a successful outpatient Nutrition Program.
- District Dietitian for the Marriott Corporation
- Dietitian of the Year for the Marriott Corporation
- Nominated for the Ron DeVolder Award at Inova Fairfax Hospital
- Contributor to a cookbook that was written at Southampton Hospital
- Speaker at a annual meeting for American College of Physicians in Bar Harbor, Maine
- Speaker at an annual diabetes conference for the Maine Diabetes Prevention and control program
- Monthly articles in the People Plus Newsletter
People Plus Article Links: